Thursday, February 11, 2010

Re-opening wounds



It's been a long time since I updated this blog. A lot has changed in the meantime.

Rob and I are no longer together. People have asked whether having foster kids strained the relationship and my answer is always no. The kids we were fortunate enough to have were jewels that we both loved being foster parents to.

As noted previously, all of the foster kids have gone home. So the house is quiet. It's quite an adjustment but it is what it is.

One thing that continues to bother me as I move forward is that despite telling all insurance companies that the kids have gone home I continue to get mailings every month about the kids that are no longer here!

Talk about re-opening wounds. Just when you feel like you've gotten over the heartache of missing the kids, another letter arrives to remind you.

Not cool. Not cool at all. One of the unexpected and unpleasant realities of being a foster parent.

:-(

blog comments powered by Disqus